Whether you have a large and spacious bathroom or live in a smaller apartment, bathroom storage can be a tricky problem sometimes. There are a number of creative ways to take the limited space of your bathroom and have additional storage space in ways that are both fun and creative. We’ve looked at a number of bathroom sizes and have a few tips and tricks to turn your limited bathroom space into a much larger area without any costly renovations.
Here are 5 tips to change your bathroom storage limitations into storage solutions.
- If you have a large open spaced bathroom, add an open-faced bathroom vanity and add an open-faced storage tower or ladder. By having an open-faced bathroom vanity, you’ll add to the feel and décor of the room and you can coordinate the types of things you stack on the tower to add to the color scheme of your bathroom. If you have a neutral painted bathroom, add color towels and other items to the tower and ladder to accentuate color in the room.
- If you have a small and slightly cramped bathroom, think about adding a vintage vanity or open-faced vanity to add space to your bathroom. By having an open-faced vanity that holds storage, you can help open up the room by making the walls less cramped and your space appear larger. A vintage vanity will have open space beneath the sink that you can place storage baskets. Add a ledge around your sink to increase storage space for small items or to add some color and use the space beneath it to add hangers for towels.
- Use crate storage and stacked whicker baskets. You can get small crates at a craft store, paint them in whatever tones you’d like to match your bathroom décor and then get them hung along the walls in creative patterns to add to the feel of the bathroom. Stack whicker baskets beneath your bathroom vanity or along the walls to give you additional storage space but also a country-homey feel to the room. Not only does this trick add to the feel of your bathroom, it also serves as a fun way to add storage to the room.
- For smaller bathrooms try adding a skirt beneath your sink to add color to the bathroom that also doubles up as hidden storage space beneath. This trick will add to the décor and give you room to store toiletries or what-have-you away from view.
- Think about adding shelving and ledges above your bathroom vanity and to the walls along your bathroom. Simple and easy to install, shelving and ledges can help add the illusion of space to the room. Place clear jars along the edges to store toiletries to help with open spaces. You can place colored jars, flowers and towels along the shelves to help with the color scheme of your bathroom. Add some decorative art along side the shelves to give it a friendly look and feel to your new storage area.
There are countless ways you can get creative with your bathroom storage needs. You don’t need to have an expensive design degree to come up with great ideas for your bathroom and we hope these tips will give you a starting point for you to explore the limitless number of possibilities for your bathroom storage needs.