Few people have the cash for a full bathroom remodel, which can reduce your bank balance by up to $10,000. Instead of living off Ramen noodles for years, use these quick fixes for fabulous updates under $500.
1. Add Some Color
The easiest way to add glamour to your bathroom is to introduce some color. Paint, wallpaper, and accessories are inexpensive options for adding visual pop. Try some of these color combinations:
- For a serene bathroom, choose sage green or light blue with accents of lavender.
- For an earthy feel, stick with rich shades of brown, green, or blue.
- For a morning wake-up call, select sunshine yellow accented with white.
- To look beautiful every day, highlight the bathroom with peach tones, which complement skin tones.
- To make a guest bathroom stand out, try dark colors, metallic paints, or bold patterns.
Even the tiniest change, such as installing a new shower curtain or adding cloth storage bins, can make a big difference.
Changing out cabinet hardware is a common trick for kitchen remodels, but this simple action brings benefits to the bathroom as well. Switch out your dated drawer pulls, cabinet knobs, towel racks, and toilet paper holders for their modern equivalents. Shop at clearance events, second-hand shops, and charity warehouse stores to keep your costs down.
Over time bathroom mirrors become damaged, scratched, or just ugly. Replace the traditional mirror with a modern framed version or a vintage find from a thrift shop. If removal is not an option, buy a mirror framing kit online.
6. Personalize Your Space